Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My girl

Dear Evalyn, 


So like most letters to you this starts with me saying I can't believe how big you are.  I can't believe most days that you are a kid now.  My heart is a bit heavy today so I'm feeling very sentimental.  


I sorted through your old clothes to donate and some were so small.  Baby doll sized in fact.  Life is carrying us down a bumpy road and I dream of brighter days.  I dream of a time when we can be carefree and without worries.  I dream of that for me more than you...you already have that because of your daddy.  He gives you blessings every day.  He works hard and prays harder. He loves with pure innocence and joy.  He is giving and kind.  


He said a few nights ago he feels bad that you have him...he wants so much more for you.  What he doesn't know is that he can't be anything more...he is the most!


We will both always want more than we can give you but I'm hoping we always give you enough.  In fact...I want it to be more than enough.  


Love you sweet baby girl, 


mama

No comments:

Post a Comment